To ensure the best results please follow the below pre-appointment guidelines before attending your cosmetic tattoo appointment. If the below instructions are not followed it can severely affect your treatment and healed results, some side effects may include result in loss of pigment retention throughout the brow, discolouration of the brow resulting in blue grey undertones.
4 weeks prior to your Appointment
- If you are planning on having any facial peels/ laser / Botox or collagen injectable/filler this must be completed at least 4 weeks prior to your appointment. These treatments can make your skin thinner and more sensitive, resulting in more bleeding which can affect colour retention
1-2 weeks prior to your appointment
- Discontinue all use of retinol and glycolic acid - These thin the skin and can affect colour retention.
- Avoid sun exposure - to avoid sensitivity/sunburn
2 days prior to your Appointment
- No caffeine/alcohol - this can affect your comfort levels during the procedure as well ask resulting in heavy bleeding which can affect colour retention
- Discontinue medications that thin the blood including fish oil, aspirin and ibuprofen (consult your healthcare provider)
Day of your Appointment
- No exercise
- Exfoliate the brow area
- Restrict water consumption
- Wear black or dark coloured clothing
- For your comfort you may like to bring headphones to listen to music or an audio book as Feather Touch can have an off putting noise.
- For Health and Safety please refrain from bringing friends/family to your appointment with you.