To ensure the best results please follow the below pre-appointment guidelines before attending your cosmetic tattoo appointment. If the below instructions are not followed it can severely affect your treatment and healed results, some side effects may include result in loss of pigment retention throughout the brow, discolouration of the brow resulting in blue grey undertones.
4 weeks prior to your Appointment
- If you are planning on having any facial peels/ laser / Botox or collagen injectable/filler this must be completed at least 4 weeks prior to your appointment. These treatments can make your skin thinner and more sensitive, resulting in more bleeding which can affect colour retention
1-2 weeks prior to your appointment
- Discontinue all use of retinol and glycolic acid - These thin the skin and can affect colour retention.
- Avoid sun exposure - to avoid sensitivity/sunburn
2 days prior to your Appointment
- No caffeine/alcohol - this can affect your comfort levels during the procedure as well ask resulting in heavy bleeding which can affect colour retention
- Discontinue medications that thin the blood including fish oil, aspirin and Ibuprofen (consult your healthcare provider)
Day of your Appointment
- No exercise
- Exfoliate the brow area
- Restrict water consumption
- Wear black or dark coloured clothing
- For your comfort you may like to bring headphones to listen to music or an audio book as Feather Touch can have an off putting noise.
- For Health and Safety please refrain from bringing friends/family to your appointment with you.
After your Appointment
Initially, Eyebrow Tattooing is a two stage process and any adjustments that need to be made will be done at your 4-6 week review. All annual touch ups are a single appointment.
Please keep in mind we can’t tattoo any earlier than 4 weeks as the tattoo will still be healing during this time.
Please follow these instructions carefully for optimum results.
The eyebrow and surrounding area should be kept clean for 7-10 days. a Sachet of After Inked, supplied to you, is to be used on the tattooed area 2 times per day morning and night, for these 7-10 days. you may weep a clear fluid, which is normal on the first day, dab clean and reapply a thin layer of your cream, please note this is only to be done once and do not rub
Do not rub, pick or scratch the treated area. let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Avoid direct sunlight for 3-4 weeks after procedure.
The area must be kept moist using only this cream. no water, soaps, cleansers, oils, other moisturisers or make up is to be used on or around the area. No swimming, saunas, steam or sweating.
No exercise for 7-10 days. When showering please take extra care to ensure they are kept as dry as possible as this will help the pigment settle into the skin for longer lasting results.
For optimum results, after the first 7-10 days, we have provided you with these general guidelines. when you are exposed to the sun wear a hat, sunglasses and apply a good sunscreen to your face and tattooed area. when swimming cover the tattooed area in vaseline.
If you are having any facial treatments such as chemical peels or laser let your therapist know of your tattooed area, this includes products used at home that cause rapid exfoliation such as Retinol, Retin-A, Renova, Alpha Hydroxy or Glycolic Acid. these guidelines are to prevent premature fading, colour change including bleaching and give you longer lasting results of your feather touch brow.
Touch ups of your tattoo can be booked when necessary, as everyone holds the pigment differently. Your results will generally last 6-18 months.
Eyebrow makeover – from $65, Tattoo touch ups - from $400 you cannot donate blood for 6 months following any cosmetic tattoo procedure.
New Tattoos include a review 4-6 weeks after the initial appointment. If you late cancel or miss your scheduled review, a charge of $150 will apply. One review is included in the initial appointment.
If you schedule your review longer than 8 weeks after your initial appointment, you may be subject to a full touch up fee. Annual Touch ups do not include a review.